Saturday, December 1, 2007

Read/Write Web

Happy Saturday! One person responded to my first post -and I'm keeping a list and checking it twice. Thanks, M.
On Monday we'll start looking at the "new" web, the Read/Write Web. Those who use it believe that it will bring revolutionary changes to the way we create and manage information. Will Richardson in his book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, says:
"..the classroom of the Read/Write Web is one of seamless transfer of information; of collaborative, individualized learning; and of active participation by all members of class. It is marked by the continuous process of creating and sharing content with wide audiences. ...these technologies are demanding that we reexamine the way we think about content and curriculum."
Think about this quote, and decide if you agree or disagree at this point. Re-evaluate your position after Monday's class. Send me a comment! (click the comment link under this entry) Have a great weekend. Mary

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are getting this?
Happy Saturday???? I am doing Saturday School, not sure how happy it is.
Have a safe evening with the weather that is coming.
Kitsa

Anonymous said...

"Seamless transfer of information" Sounds heavenly. I definitely want to hear more!
monique

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday everyone! Here are some elementary (reading) sites (that I link to from my school web site) for those of you who might be interested:
www.funbrain.com
www.wordcentral.com
www.eduplace.com/tales/
www.starfall.com

and one for parents:
www.illinoisparents.org

Nicole N.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to learning more about blogs and wikis...and the potential they have for classroom situations. I used a wiki for a committee I was on last year and found it confusing, but I want to learn more about its proper uses. Thanks....SS

Anonymous said...

I look forward to learning more about the potential uses for wikis and blogs in a classroom setting. I had a chance to use a wiki for a technology committee I was on last year but never fully understood how to use it properly...I am excited to find out how. Thanks...SS

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Mary,

I hope you had a pleasant weekend! Weather notwithstanding!

Therese Kraus

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well.
Pam T.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the preschool sites. We currently do not use these at the preschool, but I am definitely going to suggest that we consider introducing them to the kids. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I especially am happy to learn about wikispaces. I will definitely begin to use my newly established wikispace to post student projects. Parents will be able to see their children's work.